Universal Orlando Resort has their own set of resorts that provide luxury and several fun activities. These resorts are all very convenient for guests who wish to take advantage of the theme parks and Citywalk. The newest of these resorts is Cabana Bay.
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is now open at Universal Orlando Resort. This brand-new value and moderately-priced property is the fourth on-site hotel at Universal Orlando and evokes the classic, retro-feel of iconic beach resorts from the 1950s and 60’s. Located on-site at Universal Orlando Resort, the new hotel is a destination within itself – featuring a stunning design with bold colors, retro-inspired architecture and sweeping vistas that transport guests back to a time of relaxation and endless family fun. Cabana Bay guests can experience incredible amenities throughout the hotel, including:
- Bowling a strike at the 10-lane Galaxy Bowl
- Channeling the godfather of fitness at the Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio
- Racing down the iconic dive tower waterslide and splashing into a 10,000 square foot zero-entry pool in the Cabana Courtyard
- Enjoying a retro-themed specialty cocktail from Swizzle Lounge or Atomic Tonic
- Finding something delicious for the entire family at Bayliner Diner, a food court with something for everyone to enjoy including a salad bar, burgers, sandwiches, pizza, pasta and grab-and-go items
- Enjoying even more incredible amenities, including a second 8,000-square-foot zero entry pool, Universal Orlando’s first lazy river at an on-site hotel, The Hideaway Bar & Grill, and additional moderately-priced family suites and value-priced standard guest rooms. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort features a total of 1,800 rooms – 900 family suites and 900 standard guest rooms.
I recently had a complimentary stay at Cabana Bay Resort and I was impressed. The vintage feel of the resort makes you feel like you’ve stepped into the past, and they have considered every detail very carefully. The colours are bright and vibrant and there’s no shortage of things to do. Watch this video to learn more about Cabana Bay.
The pools, the lazy river and the beach area are all fun spots to relax and cool off, or you can head to the Galaxy Bowl for some family bowling and some refreshments. The colourful bowling balls just add to the ambiance.
My suite was perfect for a family. Following the same vintage theme, this family suite had ample living space. The kitchenette featured a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator, making it easy to keep snacks and drinks fresh. The living area had plenty of space for a family to relax and the couch pulled out into a bed. A sliding partition provided some privacy between the sleeping area and the living area. The suite would sleep six and a washroom divided into three rooms allows more than one person to get ready at once. The beds were very comfortable too.
Cabana Bay guests also get exclusive benefits only available to on-site hotel guests at Universal Orlando, including Early Park Admission to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour before the theme park opens.
Rates for the family suites begin at $174 per-night, and can run as low as $134 per-night depending on the length of stay. Rates for the standard guest rooms begin at $119 per night, and can run as low as $93 per-night depending on the length of stay. To learn more or to make a reservation, call 1-888-273-1311 or visit www.universalorlando.com. Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort is co-owned and managed by Loews Hotels & Resorts.